Leave and Absence Reporting
Banner Self Service is only available to Permanent Classified and Management for reporting Leave. However, all Permanent Employees may use Banner Self Service to view Leave Balances.
Leave/absence reporting is accessed through the employee dashboard. Click here to access.
You can find and download self-service instructions here. Absence hours for March, for example, must me submitted to your supervisor for approval by 11:59 p.m. on April 5. Balances are updated immediately upon supervisor approval. Once your supervisor has approved the hours, he/she cannot return the hours to you and you will need to notify Payroll.
Supervisors can find instructions on approving employee leave reports here. Employee leave reports for the previous month must be approved by 11:59 p.m. on the 10th of current month.
- You must submit for approval whether or not any absences were taken.
Employees and Approvers may request and submit leave up to two months ahead of time.
- It is the staff member's responsibility to comply with department work schedules and to obtain his or her supervisor's approval prior to submission deadline. See absence deadlines here.
- Yes, Banner self-service is available 24/7 from the office and from home. Simply log in via Pipeline. Under the "Employee" tab at the top, click "Resources" then "Banner Self Service" and then "Employee Dashboard."
- Notify your supervisor immediately. Your supervisor can return the absence hours to you before he/she approves the hours. Once your supervisor has approved the hours, he/she cannot return the hours to you and you will need to notify Payroll.
- Comp Time Earned -- Submit a "Comp Time Earned" time sheet to Payroll indicating the number of comp time hours. Payroll will post comp time hours to your record.
- Comp Time Taken (CTT) -- BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A COMP TIME EARNED BALANCE BEFORE ENTERING CTT. ENTER ACTUAL HOURS TAKEN AS CTT.
STATUS DESCRIPTION Not Started You have not started your time sheet. It can be opened/started In Progress
You are in the process of entering your time for the pay period.It can be opened/started
Pending You submitted your time sheet and it is awaiting approval from your supervisor. It cannot be edited by you. Returned for Correction Your timesheet is being returned to you for correction. You are required to make corrections and to resubmit Approved Your time sheet has been approved and is ready for Payroll to process. It cannot be edited by you or your supervisor Completed Payroll received and processed your timesheet
- Find instructions to delete hours here.