Leave and Absence Reporting
Banner Self Service is only available to Permanent Classified and Management for reporting Leave.However, all Permanent Employees may use Banner Self Service to view Leave Balances.
Leave/absence reporting is in the employee self-service menu. Click here to access.
You can find and download self-service instructions here. Absence hours for March, for example, must me submitted to your supervisor for approval by April 15. Balances are updated immediately upon supervisor approval. Once your supervisor has approved the hours, he/she cannot return the hours to you and you will need to notify Payroll.
Employees and Approvers may request and submit leave up to two months ahead of time.
- It is the staff member's responsibility to comply with department work schedules and to obtain his or her supervisor's approval prior to submission deadline. See absence deadlines here.
- Yes, Banner self-service is available 24/7 from the office and from home. Simply log in via Pipeline.
- Notify your supervisor immediately. Your supervisor can return the absence hours to you before he/she approves the hours. Once your supervisor has approved the hours, he/she cannot return the hours to you and you will need to notify Payroll.
- You must submit for approval whether or not any absences were taken.
- Comp Time Earned -- Submit a "Comp Time Earned" time sheet to Payroll indicating the number of comp time hours. Payroll will post comp time hours to your record.
- Comp Time Taken (CTT) -- BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A COMP TIME EARNED BALANCE BEFORE ENTERING CTT. ENTER ACTUAL HOURS TAKEN AS CTT.
STATUS DESCRIPTION Not Started You have not started your time sheet. It can be opened/started In Progress
You are in the process of entering your time for the pay period.It can be opened/started
Pending You submitted your time sheet and it is awaiting approval from your supervisor. It cannot be edited by you. Returned for Correction Your timesheet is being returned to you for correction. You are required to make corrections and to resubmit Approved Your time sheet has been approved and is ready for Payroll to process. It cannot be edited by you or your supervisor Completed Payroll received and processed your timesheet
- Click on the drop down for 'Hours' and Select 'Enter Hours'