Skip to content
Current ESL Classes
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Listen to spoken English, understand intended meaning and respond appropriately.
- Speak in English on a diversity of topics in a way that is intelligible to the listener.
- Read, comprehend and apply one’s own thinking to a wide range of English texts.
- Write both narrative and expository papers which fit the intended purpose and audience.
- Increase both receptive and productive knowledge of English vocabulary.
- Use appropriate and generally correct grammar, spelling and punctuation when communicating
- Analyze new information and ideas and contribute original thought to discussions regarding
- Use word-processing programs, language learning software, the Internet and keyboarding
skills to facilitate language development.